The 4th Pula Carnival, which will be held on Saturday, February 3 includes altogether 22 groups from Istria, Rijeka and Slovenia. Around 700 participants and four allegorical floats are expected in the parade.
Carnival groups from Pula, Lupoglav, Krnica, Koromačno, Buje, Dajla, Novigrad, Umag, Ližnjan, Manjadvorci, Izola, Ptuj, Ilirska Bistrica, Rijeka and Moščenička Draga will participate in this year’s Carnival Parade.
Pula’s Wind Orchestra and majorettes will lead the Carnival Parade.
From 11.30 am to 1 pm there will temporary traffic restrictions and changes in the center of Pula, in the area Karolina – Riva waterfront – Arena – Portarata.
– 10.30 am – 11.00 am – the meeting of carnival groups at parking Karolina, below the Arena
– 11.30 am – the Carnival Parade leaves Karolina – the first stop and organized presentation of carnival groups is planned in front of the Arena
– the parade continues towards Portarata Square where the main presentation of carnival groups will be held on the stairs by the Triumphal Arch of the Sergi.
After the presentation of each group at Portarata, the Carnival Parade continues along Sergijevaca Street to the Forum with music, then along Kandlerova Street back to Karolina.
– after the presentation of carnival groups, all participants are invited to lunch at Karolina parking
– at 15.00 the Big Carnival Party starts at Karolina with Mauro Staraj & La Banda
The end of Carnival is planned at 5 pm.
30. January 2018.