Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas

Built in the second half of the 6th century, with a typical Ravenna-like polygonal apse, the church was dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. After its radical reconstruction around 1200, it was assigned to the Greek Orthodox community in Pula in 1583 formed by immigrants from Cyprus and Nauplion: Today it belongs to the Serbian Orthodox church. It keeps the iconostasis of the Greek master Tomios Batos from the 18th century, valuable icons and other objects.

Skip to content